Some people choose to use essential oils internally by adding them to water or liquid, placing them in a capsule, or taking one of Young Living’s oil-infused products. Peppermint, for example, can help promote healthy bowel function and support overall digestion when taken internally.
If an oil’s label indicates it can be used as a dietary supplement, you can add the oil to a glass of water (use glass only!), a vegetable or gelatin capsule (size 00 is a popular size), or when cooking/in recipes.
We recommend only using Young Living Essential oils internally because they are 100% pure and have gone through the Seed to Seal process. DID YOU KNOW? You can test the purity of essential oils by placing it in the freezer. 100% pure essential oil will NOT freeze! Give it a try…you will see that Young Living Essential Oils do not freeze at all no matter how long you keep the bottle in the freezer. Now that’s AMAZING!! 🙂
Here are some different ways we take essential oils internally:
Peppermint Essential Oil:
- add a drop to herbal tea to help soothe an upset stomach
- place 2 drops in a capsule with carrier oil up to maintain the efficiency of the digestive tract
- place a drop directly on the tongue or place a drop on your thumb and press it to the roof of your mouth to curb the desire to snack
Lemon Essential Oil:
- add a drop to your drinking water or favorite drink (glass only)
- add to recipes or to enhance the flavor of foods
- add 2-3 drops in a bowl of water and use to wash fruits and vegetables
Thieves Essential Oil:
- place 2 drops in a gel capsule with 8 drops of carrier oil up to 3 times daily to help support healthy immune function
- add 1 drop of Thieves and 2 drops of Orange to warm apple juice for a homemade cider
Digize Essential Oil:
- place 2-4 drops in a gel capsule with carrier oil as desired or before each meal to support a daily wellness regimen
- add 2-3 drops to drinking water as a dietary supplement especially when traveling abroad
- combine 2 drops of Digize with 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil in water for a pleasant, stimulating drink
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease.